There have been few trends as popular and effective in the world of online learning as microlearning. It has changed the way most professionals (including us) handle virtual training for our clients. But what does microlearning look like put into practice?
To begin, let’s define microlearning. As eLearning Industry explains, microlearning is short, focused training on very specific and small facets of your training. It can take only a few minutes, and it is designed to target a singular subject.
This can be done in the following formats:
1. Infographics. These tools allow you to layer information and focus on the details of the subject matter in an easily digestible medium.
2. PDFs. Stop making your employees to read book after book, when much of the information will be lost. A simple PDF can highlight the most important takeaways. Many of these PDFs can also be interactive, which adds convenience and improves impact.
3. Instructor-Based Videos. While being guided by a world-class lesson facilitator, you can focus on a specific task at hand with the help of an educator.
4. Mobile Learning. These days, it’s imperative to make your learning module mobile-friendly. This will help your team understand small bites of knowledge on the go and in a convenient flow.
5. Simulations. Effective teaching modules will present fictional scenarios to help your team better understand the material in a practical manner.
Why is microlearning so important? Because it has now developed a proven track record of helping employees further develop skills more effectively than ever before.
For more information, visit eLearning Industry: http://ow.ly/nG1430jboqa
Share your thoughts below!