Innovation has been a corporate buzz word over the past several years and, in the Learning and Development (L&D) world, it has become a hallmark of cutting edge companies. Defined as the introduction of something new or a new idea, method, or device, innovation drives the improvement of processes, expansion of capabilities, and the application of improved solutions. Innovation in L&D requires taking a good idea and synthesizing it into a meaningful solution that solves a problem. But it doesn’t stop there. True innovation is about taking that meaningful solution and putting it into practice. Simply put, innovation is what we do when we apply a new technique, idea, or invention to an existing situation for a better outcome.
Technological advances in eLearning, the need to engage the modern learner, and the increasing need to deliver learning at the ‘moment of need’ have made innovation less of a nice-to-have and more of a need-to-have. Internal L&D departments need to support an innovative corporate culture and act as an innovation engine. They need to create solutions that deliver content and context appropriate to the specific needs of each learner. Alone, microlearning, blended modalities, gamification, and social learning aren’t necessarily innovative ideas but when approached by an instructional design expert and experienced learning developer, each can bring innovation to a training program.
On a daily basis, CoreAxis works with clients to create flexible solutions that allow learners to engage with the content when they want and on any platform they want (pc, tablet, smartphone). Our experience and flexibility mean that we can help our clients build innovative courses, and more importantly, drive innovation across their corporate culture.
To deliver cutting-edge solutions to our clients, CoreAxis weighs innovation and learning trends carefully while maintaining a rapid speed-to-market pace. Our strategists, instructional designers, and content developers are always looking at ways to bring the latest industry trends to our learning solutions. This allows us to drive our vision while crafting the right solution for each client. At CoreAxis, our innovations mean that you get performance improvement solutions that make sense for your audience and provide lasting business impact. We deliver:
- Engaging and informative learning experiences
- Flexible interfaces created for the modern era
- On-demand content
- Customizable and adaptable solutions to provide relevant, role-based content
- Innovative techniques available to provide our clients with the appropriate solution for their need
- xAPI to track the learning data, employment experiences, informal knowledge gathering, and coaching feedback
- Alignment of gamification with career progression, tied to the appropriate competency
We work hard to be Innovators and Early Adopters in order to inspire our clients to follow suit when it comes to applying ‘bleeding edge’ learning solutions. We innovate, apply, revise, and repeat the cycle.
Our solutions deliver cutting-edge innovation that are engaging, informative, and leverage:
- Virtual Reality: Virtual reality delivers an immersive learning event and increases knowledge transfer using “real-world” experience without the risk. Through demonstration-then-simulation, VR provides a rich learning environment for any hands-on skill or ability – from customer care to medical procedures to technical assembly and more.
- Augmented Reality: Augmented reality is the addition of computer-generated sensory input like audio, imagery, video, or graphics to augment or change a real situation. Imagine giving your hospitality employee a virtual map with supplemental information to guide them as they explain resort amenities to your guests or having a schematic appear over a circuit board to help your IT tech repair a motherboard. Our AR solutions can give employees step-by-step directions and guidance as the navigate real world situations.
- Artificial: Artificial intelligence gives you a completely scalable and technological way to teach and inform your employees. Imagine having on-screen prompts appear, based on mouse clicks, that help your employee quickly navigate an in-take application or a voice activated system guide responding to questions.
- Creative, Engaging Applications: Developed and tailored to meet your desired level of engagement. Using quizzes, games, portals, or other avenues of knowledge transfer, we can create applications that are both stimulating and informative.
From analog solutions that leverage the foundations of adult learning theory to advanced digital learning that promotes cognitive processing CoreAxis tailors each solution to the specific needs of each client. Innovation is a perpetual footrace – when you feel like you’ve reached the finish line, the race has only begun. Let CoreAxis be your racing partner and contact us today to learn how we can help you gain the innovation edge.