- Learner Engagement: Innovative L&D solutions offer a variety of interactive interfaces that use innovative technologies such as gamification. This motivate learners to actively participate in their training.
- Reduced costs: Designing these programs is typically a one-time cost, and thanks to new software and savings from traditional training, such as travel and printing, organizations can benefit from budget (and time)-friendly options for implementing these solutions.
- Efficient Learning: Learners can access and review the content at any place, and at any time. This flexibility makes learning more efficient.
- Evaluation: The real-time evaluation options that are integrated in the programs allow employees to frequently assess their skills, and employers to assess the effectiveness of their programs.
- Relevant Organizations: These training options allow employers to frequently update the programs. With the numerous revolutions occurring in our ever changing world of L&D, employers can easily keep their programs up to date with new trends and technologies.
- Employee Retention: With personalized content, employees tend to enjoy their learning experience, and recognize greater results. This motivates them to stay in the organization, and continue to add value.
To help smoothen the path to gaining great benefits from innovative learning solutions, we’ve answered some of the most frequently asked questions. Here are the largest concerns that companies in the pharmaceutical industry have had about Learning and Development:
What is LMS?
A Learning Management System (LMS) is a cloud or server based program that enables companies to manage, implement, and create eLearning programs. The interactive nature of this system allows for a rapid, personalized, and engaging experience for learners and administrators that runs in their browser as a webpage.
What are its most important features?
A general overview includes scalability, mobile compatibility, smart UI, and simple navigation. Most efficient LMS programs include Content Authoring, SCORM and xAPI Compliance, Multi-lingual support, and UI Personalization. However each company values such features differently, and it depends on the company and its needs. For those looking to improve performance analysis, it is important to consider the integrated performance platform, while companies looking to increase training engagement and retention should focus on gamification and multi-media options.
Which LMS is best for the Pharmaceutical Industry?
Again, there is no one-size-fits-all in LMS; even when it comes to industry-specific options. However, it is important to ensure that the programs you look for have high levels of industry recognition. This allows companies to research their options, and consider them based on reviews. Scalability is also an important feature, as it is crucial to ensure that the systems can seamlessly integrate with systems such as industry-specific CRM and DMS. LMS options for pharmaceutical companies must have solutions for mentoring capabilities, sales enablement, and seamless integration with DMS/QMS, OTS contents for quality, GXP, FDA, and LPP.
What is Blended Learning?
Blended learning is a style of learning in which a portion of the process is through online channels, while the rest is traditional learning methods that include real-time contact. In this combination of online and offline learning, it is integral to have a student-teacher relationship. Needless to say that this relationship is uniquely flexible, as instructors and learners have control over the time and place.
When should we consider this option?
Like any other decision that companies have to make when it comes to training, decisions regarding blended learning must start with goal identification. What do you want to get out of your investment? What is your timeline? What is your budget? These are all important questions that you have to answer before concluding that blended learning is the right fit for your business, given its highly collaborative nature.
What is Gamification?Gamification is the fun side of learning and development! It includes features such as healthy competitions, badges, leaderboards, and collaborative activities. This is a great way to ensure engaging and retentive training content that enhances knowledge sharing and communicative environments.
What kinds of training is this suitable for?
The short answer is: every kind! Implementing gamification is a great way to enhance the engagement of any existing L&D offering, and ensure that learners enjoy the process. The type of gamification your company chooses to incorporate depends on the behaviors and strategies that are valuable to them. in addition, given that companies can incentivize learners through reward programs with certain gamification features, businesses must identify their budgets for incentives and motivating initiatives.
What is eLearning?Can it replace classroom training? The current climate in the corporate, and education, worlds have almost cannibalized classroom training. With working, and learning, form home becoming the new norm, companies have ceased to consider classroom training as an option. ELearning offers increased flexibility and engagement, and has proven to yield higher returns on investment.
Which eLearning vendor is the best for me?Although this question is one of the most frequently asked, it is impossible to answer. There are a plethora of features that different eLearning vendors offer; however, not all features meet every company’s need. Pharmaceutical companies looking to implement eLearning in their training packages have to take a step back, identify and understand their goals, and then assess which vendor is most suitable for them, accordingly.
At CoreAxis, we know that eLearning, LMS, Gamification, and Blended Learning are vital tools for our clients to reach their goals with. To that end, we provide custom learning solutions that integrate innovative technologies, in order to best meet our clients’ needs.