Unconscious Bias in the Workplace
We can partner with you to customize our learning offerings to target your organization’s specific focus areas, change delivery method or dive deeper by integrating even more activities, discussions and case studies.
This course will engage participants through the use of videos, scenario-based exercises, case studies, peer coaching
and small-group activities.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Learn from other new managers facing the same challenges across industries and geographies.
- Grow your network.
- Build your skills and motivate you to achieve your goals.
Welcome to the Unconscious Bias in the Workplace workshop. In this workshop, you will learn how unconscious bias can shape how we engage others and make decisions in the workplace. Unconscious bias happens outside of our control. It occurs automatically and is triggered by our brain making a quick judgement. We will look at several ways of mitigating bias and helping your unconscious become conscious.
This course will equip you with the skills and techniques to
- Define unconscious bias and describe the impact it has on diversity and inclusion.
- Identify the most common types of unconscious bias.
- Use strategies for disrupting unconscious bias in the workplace.
- Learn recovery and prevention techniques when you say or do the wrong thing.
- Introduction to Unconscious Bias
- Why People Say and Do the Wrong Thing
- Understanding Cultural Lens as a Tool for Avoiding Mistakes
- Unconscious Bias in the Workplace
- Unconscious Bias Triggers and How to Avoid Them
- Reducing Unconscious Bias in the Workplace
- Taking it with you…